(DailyThrive.com) – Investment scams are all too common. Even the savviest consumer can be tempted to invest in what sounds like a “sure thing.” Who doesn’t love a guaranteed return on their money?
That’s the problem. There are no guarantees, and anyone who says otherwise is likely scamming you. Check out the 10 most common investment scams here:
Here are some tips to keep in mind when trying to avoid being scammed:
- If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Steer clear of these deals.
- You’re asked to invest all your money and/or assets.
- Offshore accounts are involved in the deal.
- They’re not registered with the SEC or any other reputable agency.
- You are pressured to commit quickly without having time to consider your options.
While getting rich quick sounds like a dream come true, getting scammed can quickly become a nightmare. By taking a few basic precautions, you can be smart about investments and avoid being fooled. Stay informed, and you’ll see these scams coming a mile away.
~Here’s to Your Success!
Copyright 2021, DailyThrive.com