(DailyThrive.com) – In tough economic times, being able to pinch a penny until it cries can become a necessary life skill. It can help us through job loss and layoffs, but it can also be a helpful way of surviving other financial setbacks like rising prices, unexpected illness or even adding to our families.
Here are a few budget tips extreme budgeters swear by:
- Shop consignment.
- Skip salons entirely in favor of hair and nail care at home.
- Use coupon or rebate apps.
- Purchase reusable items such as dryer balls instead of dryer sheets, cleaning cloths instead of paper towels and even coffee filters.
- Unplug electronics when they aren’t being used.
- Go meatless to save money on groceries.
- Utilize the local library for books, movies and even Internet access.
- Hang clothes and other laundry to dry.
For extreme budgeters, thrifty living isn’t just what they do when times are tough; it’s how they live all the time. Check out how one extreme budgeter was able to live on a $60 a week cash diet:
~Here’s to Your Success!
Copyright 2021, DailyThrive.com